Saturday, March 23, 2013

Dear NutriFitters:

THANK YOU!!




I just wanted to say thank you to each and every one of you for taking a chance on me and signing up for a challenge that you didn't know a whole lot about.  Thank you to Mike & Sara for trusting me and giving me carte blanche to run this challenge.  I know it was a long, hard, strenuous, exhausting ten weeks.  Thank you for working so hard and being so dedicated!  As I reflect back on the past 2 1/2 months, there are many moments and highlights that come to mind:


I loved overhearing conversation about baggy spandex and seeing tears flow when my calipers showed a number you didn't think you would see.  I loved hearing about so many sacrifices made in order to earn those points and make your teams proud, like the guy that bakes bread, enjoys beer, and prefers riding a bike giving up all of that in order to run 5Ks and have a starch-free dinner.  Or like the trainer that is a full-time nursing student and never waivered from her duties as a trainer, a student, or a teammate.  Or the team member who bought her entire team chocolate milk boxes so they wouldn't forget to "optimize in 45."  Or the one who was going to Haiti to work on adopting a daughter but made sure she checked with me first to see how she could still get all her points for her team while unable to leave the hotel.  Or the one who took more than 40 minutes to RX Fran and give her team those extra bonus points.  Or the one who decided to take time off from work so he could earn all the points for his week instead of wooing clients with a campstove in the back of his truck.  Or the one who would normally find any excuse possible to ditch out on any 5K run at the box, only to masterfully completed 5 5Ks in 1 week.  Or the little one who sacrificed her treats, her movie popcorn, and even ran a 5K with a fever in order to contribute points to her team. 

Really, I could go on and on and on.  I loved hearing about three guys at a car dealership who would watch each other to make sure no one ate past 9pm.  I hurt for the one who lost her Mom in the midst of this challenge, yet she did nothing more than rise to the challenge and report a week of perfect points.  I celebrated with the one who travels for 8 out of the 10 weeks yet still was able to lose weight.  I admired those that completed a ridiculous amount of burpees ON TOP of running 5 5Ks in order to maximize your points. I applaud the young teenagers who had to pack lunches and take them to school in order to keep the points for not dining out.  I am amazed by the three of you who lost more than 20 pounds, and a handful more who were pretty close.  I laughed at each new email with your creative and hilarious planking pictures attached.  I appreciated the positivity, happiness, and can-do-it attitude you all shared with each other as the challenges got harder and harder and harder. 

And one of my favorite things was seeing some of you do things that you never thought you could do, and yet, you did them!  You learned new things about yourself...that you CAN do hard things and that your body will reward you for it...right after you use ice and heat to repair it.  :) 

So, thank you.  Thank you for including me in your 10-week journey and sharing your successes, challenges, complaints, and heart-felt feelings along the way.  I truly couldn't be more proud of you!

With much love and admiration,

Miki

p.s.  NutriFit Endurance:  A 6-Week Approach to Improving Power, Speed, and Endurance
will begin on Sunday, May 5th.  More details will be sent out in the next couple of weeks. 

5 comments:

  1. Miki, Thank you so much for all you sacrificed during the challenge! Each Sunday when I would read the new challenge for the week, I would just smile with amazement in the fun and creativity that you put into it. Yes it was hard, but I am grateful for every single push up, pull up, burpee, Benchmark and even every 5K!! This was an amazing experience that I will never forget! Thanks to all the Nutrifitters...it was an honor to workout along such awesome competitors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we split the difference and Go like 4/15?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOooohhh, you mean April 15th? It took me a minute to figure out what you were asking. Knowing you, I was thinking you were asking for 4 15Ks or something. :)

      I would love to start sooner; however, I am heading out of town on April 19th for two glorious weeks which is why we are starting a bit later than even I would like.

      Delete
    2. LOL!

      No worries, and I know you and others will like the break...I just got so used to the structure, I am missing it (and yes, the Sunday e-mails, too!!). Have a good 2 weeks, hope you are vacationing!! :)

      Delete

NutriFit Participants: If you don't have an account with any of the forms listed, please click on "Name/URL" and add your name there.