Sunday, February 10, 2013

Week 6: Team Challenge

 
MOVE 30,000 POUNDS FROM 
GROUND TO OVERHEAD
 
 
You may divide the weight among your team members however you would like.
You may use whatever weight you would like.
You may use whatever movement you would like.
 
Options include:
 
Snatch
Clean & Jerk
Clean & Push Press
Clean & Press
Deadlift, Hang Clean, & Jerk (or press, or push press)
 
Example:
 
Let's say my team decides to divide the weight evenly, so I am responsible for moving 7500 pounds from the ground to overhead. 
I really need to work on my snatches, so I decide to do 50 reps at 45 lbs = 2250 lbs (5250lbs left)
I want to work on a heavier clean & jerk so I do 10 reps at 95 lbs x 3 days = 2850 lbs (2400 lbs left)
Mid-week, my shoulders are feeling fatigued, so I choose to do clean & press at
35 lbs x 30 reps = 1050 lbs (1350lbs left)
Finally, I finish with 15 snatches and 15 clean & push press at 45 lbs = 1350 lbs. 
 
DONE!
 
You may choose as light or as heavy weight as you would like.  It may be helpful to use this time to work on movements that need improvement and doing so with lighter weight until you feel you have the correct form to add more weight. 
 
Or, you can use heavy weight and bang them out as fast as possible; however, please be smart with your body in order to prevent any injuries.
 
You may not count any strength movements done during a wod this week towards this challenge.  These movements must be done IN ADDITION to your daily workouts/strength exercises.  You have until Saturday to complete this challenge (or pay one of your other team members to do your part...kidding, kidding) and then you will earn an extra 10 points.
 
3-PERSON TEAM
22,500 pounds
 
5-PERSON TEAM
37,500 pounds
 
HAPPY LIFTING!
 

5 comments:

NutriFit Participants: If you don't have an account with any of the forms listed, please click on "Name/URL" and add your name there.